1. I’m 80
2. Finest cinema ever built.
3. Saw Tudor Rose there.
4. My late sister-in law worked in the box office.
5. The lights failed in an amateur operatic show in the late thirties
6. I accompanied my father to see his favourite film stars–Sonja Henie,Deanna Durbin.
7. My mother and I used to eat scollops on the way home from the Longford purchased from the chip shop opposite Stretford Baths.
8. Everyone in the cinema was crying when Will Fyffe shot his dog at the end of “Owd Bob”
9. As children we could never get in to see “H” (horror) films10I remember the applause for the Prince of Wales in the cinema.
11. I remember the cheers in the Longford for Neville Chamberlain after Munich.
12. Stage shows I saw: Nat Gonella,Florrie Forde,Frank Randle.
13. Saw the Halle with John Barborolli.
14. Double seats-magnificent.
In the late forties as a student postman(Stretford Post Office) at Christmas along with many others I used the Longford cafe as a meeting point forcoffee after our rounds were finished.
DO YOU HAVE ANY MEMORIES LIKE THIS, REMEBER JOHN OR WERE YOU PRESENT AT ANY OF THE ABOVE? PRESS THE COMMENTS LINK BELOW TO LET US KNOW.
1. I’m 80